Total Pageviews

..

Sunday 9 June 2013

Jewish Wig Salon Destroyed by Fire


NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - The owner of a high-end wig salon said she is devastated after her store burned down early Thursday morning.

"From 6 o'clock, sometime, a.m., working every single day till 12 or 1 o'clock at night, so it's very hard," said Rachel Berkowitz as she stood outside her charred business. "I put my heart and soul into it."

Police and fire rescue crews were called out to Rachel's Wig Salon, located at 163rd Street and 11th Avenue, around 1 a.m. "The police called me and they said there's a fire. I came in, I saw the whole store was burned," said Berkowitz.

According to the North Miami Beach Police incident report, police responded to a burglar alarm and noticed the salon's rear glass door was shattered. Authorities said an arson investigator was called and collected evidence.

When asked if she knows someone who might wish her or her business harm, Berkowitz replied, "No, I don't have any enemies, just the opposite, never had any enemies."

The salon's regular clientele expressed their astonishment at the blaze. "I'm shocked, absolutely shocked," said Talia Eisenberger. "I walked in here to drop off my wigs, and I saw this, and it's terrible. I feel bad for Rachel. It's terrible."

"I feel so bad," echoed another customer. "All her merchandise is in there. It's her job. It's very, very sad."

The cause of the fire remains unknown at this time. Officials are investigating.

Berkowitz said she has insurance, but is unsure whether it will cover all the losses. She estimated the cost of the damage at "anywhere between $100,000 and $120,000."


No comments:

Post a Comment